CODE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION AND EQUIPMENT OF SHIPS CARRYING LIQUEFIED GASES IN BULK
The Code has been developed to provide an international standard for the safe carriage by sea in bulk of liquefied gases and certain other substances listed in Chapter XIX, by prescribing the design and constructional features of ships involved in such carriage and the equipment they should carry so as to minimize the risk to the ship, its crew and to the environment having regard to the nature of the products involved.
- Presented at the 9th Session of the Assembly, Resolution A.328(IX) adopted on November 12, 1975.
Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org101-104 Piccadilly
London W1V 0AE, England
- Publication Date: 1975-12-17
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight security; Freight transportation; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Marine safety; Safety; Tankers
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Consultative organization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety regulations
- Old TRIS Terms: Imco liquefied gas code; Lng safety; Lng transportation; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00163202
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Inter-governmental Maritime Consultative Org
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM