CRITICAL REVIEW OF FRACTURE AND FATIGUE ANALYSIS
The state of knowledge in fracture and fatigue analysis is reviewed in order to provide a technical background for the development of fatigue design procedures for submarine hulls. Special emphasis is placed on analytical fracture mechanics approach. Results are presented for the stress and strain distribution near the crack tip. Current fracture criteria and subcritical crack initiation and propagation laws are summarized including the environmental effects.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD USA 20034
- Lomacky, O
- Vanderveldt, H
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 276 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Failure; Fatigue (Physiological condition); Fatigue strength; Fracture mechanics; State of the art
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Fatigue analysis
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00035576
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1974 12:00AM