RESEARCH ON GEOMORPHOLOGY OF WATER-PRODUCED LANDFORMS
The working party was appointed by council in January 1972 with a view to reviewing the needs for research in the quantitative geomorphology of humid landscapes and to advising on priorities and general level of support necessary, to making recommendations on the respective contributions of institutes and university departments, and to preparing a report for presentation to council. After giving the overall position and trends in geomorphological research, the report outlines the needs in the geomorphology of water-produced landforms under the following headings: creep; landslides; soil erosion; initiation of stream channels; solute movement; sediment transfer between channel banks and flow; stream sediment transport; channel form; hillslope and channel development; integrated landform-water studies. Policies for research are discussed, and scientific priorities listed. The institutional arrangements required for promotion of research are described: university research training, setting up of a geomorphological research unit, support for the British geomorphological research group, cooperation with regional water authorities and consulting engineers. An extensive bibliography is appended.
- Report of the NERC Working Party on Geomorphology of Water Produced Landforms.
Natural Environmental Research Council, EnglandAlhambra House, 27-23 Charing Cross Road
London WC 2, England
- Publication Date: 1976-10
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Channels (Waterways); Creep; Dissolution; Erosion; Flow; General surface features of the earth; Geomorphology; Landscaping; Landslides; Organizations; Policy; Rivers; Sediments; Shape; Slopes; Soils; Streams; Surface drainage; Terrain; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Landforms; Landscape; Solutes; Stream channels
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway drainage; Hillslopes
- ITRD Terms: 8518: Bibliography; 4732: Creep (mater); 5275: Erosion; 5430: Flow (fluid); 4055: Geomorphology; 1088: Inland waterway; 2887: Landscaping; 4029: Landslide; 9057: Organization (association); 4190: Sediment; 9073: Shape; 2831: Slope (terrain); 4156: Soil; 4035: Terrain; 8119: United kingdom; 4355: Water
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Policy; I26: Water Run-off - Freeze-thaw;
- Accession Number: 00163164
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 16 1978 12:00AM