PERFORMANCE OF AUTOMATIC ELECTRONIC GUIDANCE EQUIPMENT FITTED TO A CLARK VAN CARRIER
A description is given of a loading/unloading vehicle with automatic steering system for the use in ports and harbors, particularly designed to handle containerized cargo. The modifications to the carrier were designed to enable the standard machine to be adapted in the field and were made with the minimum of alterations to the manual steering mechanism. Moreover, the independent hydraulic power supply required for automatic steering was added without interfering with the existing power assisted steering system.
National Ports CouncilCommonwealth House, 1-19 New Oxford Street
London WC1A 1DZ, England
- Martin, L J
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic steering control; Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Container handling; Control; Loads; Ports; Straddle trucks; Transportation; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading
- Old TRIS Terms: Straddle carriers
- Subject Areas: Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00163102
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM