EXPERIENCE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF GAS TANKERS BY B.S.
Since 1962 the Bridgestone Liquefied Petroleum Gas Company, Ltd. has been very active in the low temperature liquefied gas business, and up to this date has built several tankers especially for the transport of liquefied gas. Some details of the vessels and the dates of construction are given. At the time of construction of the tankers, up to and including 1966, each was considered to be the world's first of its type. In those tankers built after 1966, Bridgestone's own epoch making design has been incorporated, and even to this day it is the only company in the world possessing such tankers. Some of the main technical developments and cargo handling techniques are described.
- Paper given at the First International Liquefied Gas Transportation Conference, London-March 21-22, 1972. Sponsored by Shipbuilding and Shipping Record.
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Yamamoto, K
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Publisher: Transport and Technical Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Liquefaction; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Liquefied petroleum gas; Piping systems; Tankers; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo tanks; Lng reliquefaction; Tank construction; Tanker piping systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00032732
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 28 1972 12:00AM