DIMENSIONS AND DRAUGHTS OF BULK CARRIERS
This is a summary of a report published in December 1975 by the Marine Transport Centre of the University of Liverpool. It provides a guide to the principal dimensions of individual ships currently comprising the world's fleet of dry bulk carriers. The following aspects are covered: (a) the basic types and features of bulk carriers; (b) the relationships between size and dimensions; (c) the factors affecting operating draught; (d) the major technical factors affecting design and arrangement; (e) the influence of the Panama Canal on dimensions. A series of graphs relating each of the principal dimensions to maximum deadweight are presented. They give values for each of the dimensions which are representative of the fleet in general together with indications of the variation in each dimension which is available with the current fleet of bulk carriers.
Foxlow Publications Limited19 Harcourt Street
London W1H 2AX, England
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 1 p.
- DOCK AND HARBOUR AUTHORITY
- Volume: 56
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Dry bulk carriers; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship descriptions (Dry bulkers)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00159963
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ish Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM