MECHANISM FOR INSTANTANEOUSLY SELECTING "FULL ENGINE" OR "HALF ENGINE" PERFORMANCE
A mechanism is designed and tested to activate or deactivate some of the engine cylinders at the driver's discretion. By energizing or de-energizing the individual solenoids mounted on the rocker arms, the engine can be operated on either eight cylinders or four cylinders as driving conditions required. Dynamometer tests are run to determine performance characteristics.
- Preprint for Winter Meeting, Chicago, Illinois, December 14-17, 1976.
American Society of Agricultural Engineers2950 Niles Road, P.O. Box 410
St Joseph, MI USA 49085
- Loghavi, M
- Wilkinson, R H
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- ASAE Transactions
- Publisher: American Society of Agricultural Engineers
- TRT Terms: Activation (Chemistry); Automobiles; Dynamometers; Fuel conservation; Internal combustion engines; Solenoids; Vehicle performance; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cylinders
- Old TRIS Terms: Activation; Automobile engines; Deactivation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159881
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASAE 76-1527-B
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 27 1977 12:00AM