NORTH SEA OFFSHORE LOADING, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
Ths article discusses a number of factors which affect offshore loading operations and assesses offshore loading as a principle. Offshore loading systems incorporating single point mooring buoys (SPM) are also discussed, and the so-called AKER SLT (Aker Offshore Storage and Loading Terminal) is described. Offshore loading systems, either planned or currently in operation in the North Sea's oil fields, now total ten.
Selvigs Forlag A/SRadhusgaten 8, Postbox 162
Oslo 1, Norway
- Nybo, R
- Publication Date: 1977-1
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Northern Offshore
- Volume: 6
- Issue Number: 1
- Publisher: Selvigs Forlag A/S
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Loading and unloading; Moorings; Offshore structures; Offshore terminals; Offshore transfer; Oil fields; Petroleum; Petroleum industry; Petroleum terminals; Single point moorings; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Petroleum trade
- Geographic Terms: North Sea
- Old TRIS Terms: Offshore loading; Oil terminals; Service vessels; Tanker loading
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00159451
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM