SOFT CLAY BANKING USING SANDWICH LAYERS IN SITU MADE OF WICKED CARDBOARD AND QUICKLIME, VOLUME I.
This paper presents a new technique, which uses "a sandwich layer" of quicklime between two sheets of wicked cardboard, applicable to fills in high moisture soft clay areas. The paper reports further results of studies of principle, laboratory model experiments, and an actual field bank test.
- New Horizons in Construction Materials, International Symposium, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, November 1-3, 1976.
Envo Publishing Company, IncorporatedP.O. Box 2326
Lehigh Valley, PA United States 10001
- YAMANOUCHI, T
- Miura, N
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: p. 211-223
- TRT Terms: Calcium oxide; Clay; Composite materials; Embankments; Field tests; Fills; Mathematical models; Soft clays; Soil stabilization; Soils
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Stabilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Cardboard wicks; Paperboards; Quicklimes
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00158304
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM