NEW DOUBLE-BOTTOM FRAMING EQUIPMENT AND ITS OPERATION
After studies on the automation of fabrication processes, new automatic fabrication arrangements were commissioned in 1972 at the Shimizu Shipyard, which specializes in bulk carriers. Improvements now enable the department to handle fabrications for ships in the 34,000 to 40,000 dwt range. Framing work for the double bottom is now done at the fabrication stage (instead of at the assembly stage as before) using recently-developed equipment. This equipment has not, in the Authors' experience, been used before in the fabrication of double bottoms for bulk carriers, and it is here described in some detail.
- Inui, I
- Iiri, M
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Double bottoms; Hulls; Shipbuilding
- Old TRIS Terms: Double bottom construction; Frame bending machines; Hull construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00158011
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 67
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM