BROCKEN, HEAVY LIFT CARRIER FOR THE G.D.R.
The Shipyard and Engineering Works "Holland" B.V. of Hardinxveld-Giessendam, who built the heavy-lift ship Docklift I, have delivered another heavy-cargo carrier to Deutsche See Reederei of Rostock, East German Democratic Republic. This ship, the Brocken, is built to carry individual loads of up to 550 tons which are taken on board either by the roll-on/roll-off method or by lift-on/lift-off method generally used in LASH carriers. The Brocken meets the requirements of the Deutsche Schiffs-Revision und Klassifikations Gesellschaft and is classed DSRK DM Eis 1, Aut 24, indicating the fully automatic engine-room installation.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00183571
National Institute of Shipbuilding and Shipping10 Burgemeester & Jacobplein
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 4 p.
- Holland Shipbuilding
- Volume: 25
- ISSN: 0018-3571
- TRT Terms: Heavy lift vessels; Lifting equipment; Roll on roll off ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Lift on/lift off; Ship descriptions (Heavy lift)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157990
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM