PARKING REVENUE CONTROL
This report which describes some of the fundamentals of equipment and procedures in planning a new parking facility or establishing a good system of control in an existing one, also covers parking meter revenue security and control. The basic elements of revenue control are listed, and general security concepts are noted. The operation of the ticket issue machine is described. The induction loop detector, treadles, the rubber road tube (for secondary locations), parking gates, time clocks, master clock, fee indicator, and differential counters are also described. Audit procedures are discussed, and the planning of revenue control systems for airport, event parking, and retail/business parking is outlined. Comments are made with regard to security, vandalism, meter housing, the coin collection system, parking meter standard, maintenance, the keeping of records, and surveillance.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 184
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Airports; Auditing; Business districts; Clocks; Detectors; Equipment; Gates; Loop detectors; Maintenance; Parking; Parking meters; Revenues; Security; Surveillance; Tickets; Time; Vandalism; Vehicle detectors
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00157836
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Sep 28 1981 12:00AM