ANALYSIS OF OFFSHORE CONCRETE CAISSON DIKES UNDER CYCLIC LOADING
The paper describes various analyses carried out in connection with the design and construction of such dikes for the Oosterschelde in The Netherlands. Analytical finite element procedures are described whereby the generation of excess pore pressure and the deformations associated with cyclic loading of a concrete caisson can be studied. A finite element program has been developed to simulate the time dependent dissipation of the excess pore pressures. Because of the novelty of the analytical methods and the complexity of the physical problems, extensive field and laboratory testing is being carried out to provide data and to verify the results.
- Paper presented and discussed at the International Conference on Numerical Methods in Geomechonics, 2nd, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, June, 1976.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Christian, J T
- Audibert, JME
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 979-990
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Concrete structures; Finite element method; Offshore structures; Repeated loads
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157736
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1977 12:00AM