ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR CONVENTIONAL WELDING AND CUTTING
Session 2 of the proceedings consists of 56 papers in 7 subsections. Subsection 1 is concerned with flux-coated electrode arc welding, specifically, structure and hydrogen brittleness problems in carbon steel welding, and application of lay down process in the automatic fabrication of steel structures. Subsection 2 dealing with gas- and nongas-shielded arc welding, covers problems such as multicathode TIG welding; arc energy relations in pulse current welding; welding in pressurized active gas atmospheres; underwater welding; bead formation in high-speed TIG welding; pulsed MIG welding with analog transistor power supply; metal oxidation in arc welding; bead formation in high-speed MIG welding and in nonshielded welding; narrow gap MIG welding of heavy steel structures; MIG welding of 9% Ni steels; MIG and TIG welding of Al alloys; automatic pipeline welding; automatic CO2 one side welding; development of basic type flux cored wire for high-current CO2 welding; automatic welding in shipbuilding. Subsection 3 discusses problems associated with submerged arc welding, such as: new technique of deep penetration welding; one-side welding with lower heat input; one-side welding with glass fiber tape and slide copper backing; welding with bound electrode-electrode process and its applications; and toughness of high heat input welded high tensile shipbuilding steels. Subsection 4 covers papers on vertical welding covering topics such as high-efficiency vertical welding method; and electroslag welding; and applications to ship hull, turbine runner, heavy component, and Al plate welding. Subsection 5 reports on some new developments in resistance welding, subsection 6 on oxygen and plasma cutting, and subsection 7 on the use of acoustic emission for fatigue tests.
- International Symposium of the Japanese Welding Society, Second, Proceedings: Advanced Weld Technology, Osaka, August 25-27 1975, Session 2.
Japanese Welding SocietyTokyo, Japan
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: p. 277-615
- TRT Terms: Electric arc welding; Pipelines; Plasma arc cutting; Resistance (Electricity); Shipbuilding; Steel structures; Submerged arc welding; Welding; Weldments
- Old TRIS Terms: Arc cutting; Pipeline welding; Plasma cutting; Welded steel structures; Welding techniques; Welding, electric resistance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00157621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM