UNDERWATER COATING: THE ANSWER?
The operation of a 400 mm diameter nylon brush which scrapes the seaweed and/or barnacles off from the hull is described. Electromagnetic and watertight packings are installed on the circumference of the coating machine body, and air is transferred into the body to keep the seawater out. The coated film is dried by an infrared ray heater.
IPC Industrial Press LimitedDorset House, Stamford Street
London SE1 9LU, England
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 1 p.
- Marine Week
- Volume: 4
- Issue Number: 6
- Publisher: IPC Business Press Limited
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Coatings; Hulls; Underwater paint
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance; Hull cleaning; Underwater hull cleaning
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157335
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM