WIRING ACCESSORIES MADE OF RESINS
In an attempt to promote the rationalization of marine products while at the same time, trying to reduce a ship's weight, tests were carried out on marine wiring accessories made of resins with superior heat-resisting properties. The material selected was a thermosetting resin (DMC), and this was tested along with Phenol resins and Polycarbonate resins. At temperatures up to 200 deg C, the "DMC" moulded products showed: no deformation, less deterioration of mechanical strength, and no variation in electrical property.
Tokyo News Service Limited10 Ginza Nishi, 8-chome, Chuo-ku
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 21
- Issue Number: 12
- Publisher: Tokyo News Service Limited
- TRT Terms: Electrical wiring; Resins; Thermal properties
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00157330
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM