GLORIA VIRENTIUM: A NEW SHIP TO LIFT 800 TONNES
The Gloria Virentium is an 800-tonne-lift ship on order for Holscher Shipping B.V., of Rotterdam. She is being built by the C. Luhring Shipyard at Brake/Unterweser in the German Federal Republic. The ship is totally self-sufficient for cargo-handling. Stability during loading and unloading is maintained by pumping ballast and is controlled automatically. In addition to its heavy-lift capability, the vessel will be able to accept roll-on cargo over its stern ramp.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, Limited33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Cargo handling equipment; Heavy lift vessels; Roll on roll off ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship descriptions (Heavy lift); Ship descriptions (Ro/ro); Stern ramps
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00157137
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 4 1977 12:00AM