MARINE TRAFFIC SYSTEMS -- FUTURE TRAINING
This paper outlines the development of Marine Traffic Control (MTC) training until the present date, advocates the need for International MTS (Marine Traffic Systems) Standards and the establishment of National MTS Authorities responsible for the provision and supervision of National MTS/MTC Services, to International Standards, including the training and licensing/certification of MTC personnel. It proposes outlines of the type and content of future MTC training courses for MTC personnel.
- Also available from Netherlands Maritime Institute, Rotterdam, Netherlands. Maritime Traffic Systems, Proceedings of an International Symposium, The Hague, Netherlands, April 11-14, 1976.
Delft University PressHeemraadssingel 112, Postbus 1474
- Burger, W
- Corbet, A G
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 268-281
- TRT Terms: Traffic control; Training; Vessel traffic control; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Licensed personnel training; Training courses (Traffic control); Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00157126
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1977 12:00AM