MARITIME TRAFFIC SYSTEMS USING SHORE-BASED RADAR
The increasing traffic in confined waters, port areas and inland fairways demand more effective means of navigation. Shore-based radar systems can provide adequate navigational assistance. A number of operational and technical aspects of these systems are discussed. Some systems in which computers are used to store and process various information such as itineraries are briefly described.
- Also available from Netherlands Maritime Institute, Rotterdam, Netherlands. Maritime Traffic Systems, Proceedings of an International Symposium, The Hague, Netherlands, April 11-14, 1976.
Delft University PressHeemraadssingel 112, Postbus 1474
- Carol, P A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 146-175
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Highway traffic control; Information processing; Navigation; Navigation radar; Port traffic; Radar; Traffic control; Vessel traffic control; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Shore based radar; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00157125
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1977 12:00AM