PRESENT PORT TRAFFIC GUIDANCE SYSTEM IN THE ROTTERDAM PORT AREA AND ITS FUTURE DEVELOPMENT
The paper gives an overall view of the way in which shipping traffic in the Rotterdam port-area and in its approaches from the sea are operated, past and current problems, and problem solutions that are being considered. It makes the point that traffic guidance is not a single art or a single technology that can be worked out as a mathematical problem with a fixed number of parameters. Among the topics discussed are approach areas, inland fairways, radar chain, communications, and a new traffic guidance system.
- Also available from Netherlands Maritime Institute, Rotterdam, Netherlands. Maritime Traffic Systems, Proceedings of an International Symposium, The Hague, Netherlands, April 11-14, 1976.
Delft University PressHeemraadssingel 112, Postbus 1474
- van der Graff, G
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 3-24
- TRT Terms: Port traffic; Ports; Traffic control; Vessel traffic control; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00157123
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1977 12:00AM