SCHELDT INFORMATION SERVICE
The actions to promote primarily maritime traffic safety in the River Scheldt and its approaches, and to facilitate a quick turn-round of shipping are summarized. Within this context the Scheldt Information Service--S.I.S.-- acts as a programming and as a controlling organization. The main elements of this service and developments from its inception up to the present are reviewed and future plans for extension into a complete radar system are described. This system will include semi-automatic processing and presentation of data derived from the radar, in order to provide radar observers, pilotage offices and other interested parties with better information on ship movements in the whole area.
- Also available from Netherlands Maritime Institute, Rotterdam, Netherlands. Maritime Traffic Systems, Proceedings of an International Symposium, The Hague, Netherlands, April 11-14, 1976.
Delft University PressHeemraadssingel 112, Postbus 1474
- Bollen, N
- Van Loocke, H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 13-36
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Data processing; Driver information systems; Highway traffic control; Inland waterways traffic; Radar; Seas; Surveillance; Traffic control; Vessel traffic control; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Marine; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00157119
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1977 12:00AM