SEA TRAFFIC RECORDINGS FROM THE ENGLISH CHANNEL UP TO THE PERSIAN GULF
To gain basic data for safer ship navigation, radar recordings were filmed aboard a ship on her voyage from Europe to the Persian Gulf and back. From this recording data as passing distances, traffic densities, encounter rates, courses and speeds of encountering vessels along the ship's route can be obtained. This paper gives a description of the method and presents first results of the evaluation.
- Marine Traffic Systems, Supplementary Proceedings of an International Symposium, The Hague, Netherlands April, 11-14 1976. Available from Netherlands Maritime Institute, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Delft University PressHeemraadssingel 112, Postbus 1474
- Kwik, K H
- Stecher, W
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 127-145
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Coastwise shipping; Water traffic; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Coastal traffic
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00156846
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM