TIME-REVERSED UNSTEADY FLOW COMPUTATIONS IN WATERWAYS
Techniques for time-reversed unsteady flow computations are described and two applications are given. In the first application, flow conditions along a natural waterway were simulated by using the downstream stage hydrograph and a rating relationship as boundary conditions. In the second application, the oscillating flow conditions (with both positive and negative discharges) in an artificial canal of zero bottom slope were simulated using a stage and a discharge hydrograph from either end of the canal as input.
- Third Annual Sumposium on Inland Waterways for Navigation, Flood Control and Water Diversions, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, August 10-12, 1976.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Chu, H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 1
- Journal of Waterways, Harbors & Coast Eng Div
- Volume: 2
- Publisher: American Society of Civil Engineers
- TRT Terms: Channel flow; Flow; Hydrographic surveying; Inland waterways; Open channels; Rivers; Streamflow; Unsteady flow; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Discharge; Hydrographic surveys
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00156536
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2 Vols.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1977 12:00AM