APPLICATION OF STABILITY ANALYSES TO SLOPE DESIGN
At present many types of slope stability analyses are available in the literature but only a few of the methods have gained popularity among designers. The paper presents a discussion on the types of analysis commonly used in design, their applicability to new and corrective design problems, inherent limitations, accuracy with regard to slope stability prediction, sensitivity to material behavior, and usefulness as a design tool.
- This paper was presented and discussed at the International Conference on Numer Methods in Geomechanics held at the Virginia Polytechnic and State University, Blacksburg, June, 1976.
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Dash, U
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 725-730
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Analysis; Design; Failure analysis; Forecasting; Highway engineering; Highways; Slope stability; Slopes; Soil mechanics; Stability analysis; Ultimate load design
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway systems; Limits
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00156411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM