STRESSES IN SOILS DUE TO VERTICAL LOAD ON PILES
The paper discusses an investigation in which stress coefficients have been obtained for shaft load treating it as ring load in a semi-infinite elastic medium and end bearing load separately using Mindlin expressions for a point load. Stress at any point in the adjoining soil medium can be obtained by compounding the two effects. The numerical integration procedure adopted allows for the evaluation of the stress coefficients even in the case of general variation of skin friction with depth and the distribution of the end bearing load on the contact surface.
- This paper was presented and discussed at the 2nd International Conference on Numerical Methods in Geomechanics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, June, 1976.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Singh, V
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 451-462
- TRT Terms: Foundations; Loads; Mathematical methods; Numerical analysis; Piles (Supports); Skin resistance; Soil mechanics; Soils; Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vertical loads
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00156347
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM