DYNAMICS OF VEHICLES ON ROADS AND ON RAILWAY TRACKS, PROCEEDINGS OF IUTAM (INTERNATIONAL UNION OF THEORETICAL AND APPLIED MECHANICS) SYMPOSIUM, 1975
Included are 32 papers on the dynamic behavior, stability, and control of road and rail vehicles. Particular attention is paid to problems where the contact or guiding forces acting between vehicle and road or guiding systems are of primary importance. Topics discussed include the simulation of multibody vehicular systems, plane motions of automobiles, the evaluation of vehicle lateral dynamics, dynamic behavior of tractor/semitrailer systems, the stability of single track vehicles, vibrations and stability of bogie-mounted railway vehicles, with particular attention paid to undesirable oscillatory motion called "hunting" , active control of rail vehicle lateral dynamic performance, cushion-type noncontacting suspensions for tracked levitated vehicles, including suspensions using either air pressure or magnetic fields to transmit forces between vehicles and their guideways, the dynamics and optimal control of magnetically levitated vehicles on flexible guideways, and the interaction between an aircraft and a nonrigid runway. Also presented are 6 state-of-the-art papers on road and rail vehicle dynamics.
- Proceedings of IUTAM Symposium at Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, August 18-22, 1975.
Swets & ZeitlingerHeereweg 347B
2161 CA Lisse, Netherlands
- Pacejka, H B
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 581 p.
- International Union of Theor & Appl Mech, Proc
- Publisher: Swets & Zeitlinger
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Airport runways; Automobiles; Dynamic tests; Hunting (Dynamics); Magnetic levitation; Magnetic levitation vehicles; Railroad tracks; Rolling stock; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Transportation; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Lateral dynamics
- Subject Areas: Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00156210
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1977 12:00AM