COLD BENDING CUTS COSTS OF FORMING SHIPS FRAMES
Sun Ship, in construction of a 126,000-dwt tanker, is using a unique cold forming technique developed and carried out by H.M. Nelson Company in fabricating frames for the ship. The method maintains "fair and true" contours, all within a fraction of the time and expense that might have occured with more conventional processes.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
Simmons-Boardman Publishing CorporationP.O. Box 350
Bristol, CT USA 06010
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 45 p.
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Volume: 77N5
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Bending; Cold working; Frames; Shipbuilding; Ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Frame bending; Ship structures
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM