THE BLOHM & VOSS/SIEMENS TURBINE AS FITTED IN "HASSI R'MEL"
The steam turbine propulsion jet fitted to 'Hassi R'Mel' is the first to be manufactured by Blohm + Voss to their own design. This set is particularly interesting in that the conventional nozzle control system has been replaced by a throttle control valve, and due to careful design and separate blade carriers, resulting in a symmetrical 'heatelastical' design, several major advantages are claimed of the unit. These include a higher efficiency at full load compared with comparable turbines, the ability to start from a cold condition to full speed in several minutes, dispensing with the need for preheating, and there being no limitation for full astern speed operation.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: p. 575-576
- TRT Terms: Engines; Regulation; Steam; Steam turbines; Turbine engines; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine design; Steam regulation; Steam turbine propulsion
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034904
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1973 12:00AM