COAST GUARD ROLE IN POLLUTION INCIDENT RESPONSE
A review of the various laws on which the Coast Guard bases much of its authority for oil and hazardous material pollution control and response activity. It also analyzes the contingency organization available for rapid industry--government response to pollution incidents under the National Oil and Hazardous Materials Pollution Contingency Plan and the use of the 35 million dollars special fund to underwrite the cost of cleanup in certain cases.
- Report from 16th Annual Tanker Conference, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.
American Petroleum Institute1220 L Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20005-4070
- Taylor, A J
- Publication Date: 1971-5-10
- Pagination: p. 127-131
- TRT Terms: Contingency planning; Pollution; Pollution control; Regulation; State of the art; Water pollution; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Pollution contingency plans
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00034793
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1974 12:00AM