REDUCING TRAFFIC DELAYS AT RAILROAD CROSSINGS
Something has been done about that annoying delay to traffic stopped at a railroad crossing with the barriers down while a freight train slowly approaches. The crossing gates can now be controlled by an electronic device that predicts the time of arrival of a train regardless of its speed.
Stanford Research Institute333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA United States 94025
- Publication Date: 1967-1
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Stanford Research Institute Journal
- Issue Number: 13
- TRT Terms: Railroad grade crossings; Traffic delays; Traffic signal hardware
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00153853
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM