PERFORMANCE OF A HYDROGEN-POWERED TRANSIT VEHICLE
In-service test data for a 19-passenger, hydrogen-powered bus is presented. Included is a description of the engine as modified for hydrogen operation, the metal hydride storage system and the control system. Performance characteristics are described for vehicle operation over an established service route. Also included is a description of two safety demonstrations involving metal hydridge storage of hydrogen.
- Proceedings of the 11th Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, September 12-17, 1976.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Woolley, R L
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 992-996
- TRT Terms: Buses; Energy; Engines; Handling and storage; Hydrides; Hydrogen; Safety; Storage facilities; Vehicle performance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Highways; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00153208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 769174
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 19 1977 12:00AM