CONTROLLABLE PITCH PROPELLERS
A brief history of the use of controllable pitch propellers in the U.S. Navy, with particular emphasis on the hydraulic actuated types. Comparisons are made of types available and how their variations affect overall ship design and performance. The design details of a NAVSHIPSYS design controllable pitch propeller suitable for 40,000 SHP is then presented.
- Presented at the Annual Technical Symposium of the Association of Senior Engnieers (4th)
Naval Ship Systems CommandWashington, DC United States
- Boatwright, Gerald M
- Strandell, John
- Publication Date: 1967-3-31
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Controllable pitch propellers; Hydraulic equipment; Propellers
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulically controlled propellers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00007527
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 22 2003 12:00AM