SHAFT ENCODER, DIGITIZER, ROTARY PULSE GENERATOR-WHICH AND WHEN?
This article seeks to resolve the confusion which exists over both the terminology and the application of the different types of shaft encoder available for angular rotational measurement. The fundamental principles of incremental encoders, magnetic systems and absolute encoders are briefly explained.
Morgan-Grampian (Publishers) Limited28 Essex Street Strand
London WC2, England
- Midson, R
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Control and Instrumentation
- Volume: 8
- Publisher: Morgan-Grampian (Publishers) Limited
- TRT Terms: Data logging; Generators; Machinery; Monitoring; Shafts (Machinery); Tachometers
- Old TRIS Terms: Shaft generators
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00153047
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM