The tug Duchray has been built by the Leith Division of Robb Caledon Shipbuilders Ltd for the Grangemouth and Forth Towing Co. Ltd. She entered service in Autumn 1975 under charter to B.P. at the new oil terminal at Hound Point in the Firth of Forth. The tug has three foam monitors and the fire pumps each deliver at the top monitor jet 1,500 gal/min. sea water/foam solution at 210 lb sq in., producing approximately 13,500 gallons of foam per minute.
Reed (Thomas) Industrial Press Limited36/37 Cock Lane, Saracen's Head Building
London EC1A 9BY, England
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Ship and Boat International
- Volume: 29
- Publisher: Reed (Thomas) Industrial Press Limited
- TRT Terms: Fire boats; Fire fighting equipment; Tugboats
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship descriptions
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00152884
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM