AIR TRANSIT'S EXPERIENCE WITH CANADIAN DEMONSTRATION STOL SYSTEM
The purpose of this paper is to discuss briefly the STOL demonstration service in terms of its objectives including the selective sites for this demonstration and suggestions for its improvement. The objectives are as follows: To develop the technical and operational components of STOL air transportation; To obtain data on passenger and community reaction to STOL transport; To evaluate the economics of STOL service; and To demonstrate to an international clientele the value of a STOL system as a transport mode.
- Annual Conference Proceedings, Calgary, 1975.
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1G 4J8
- Tonkin, A J
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: p. 1-7
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Consumer behavior; Demonstration projects; Economics; Evaluation; Social values; STOL aircraft; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values; Demonstration programs; Short takeoff aircraft; User reactions
- Subject Areas: Economics; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152872
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM