THE MARTIN MARS WATER BOMBERS
This paper outlines a unique fire fighting organization which has been built around the largest operational flying boats ever built, the Martin Mars. The Martin Mars uses the "gallon per hour" concept, the objective of which is to drop the maximum amount of water on the fire to extinquish it. The tanker capacity is also described for pick- up and loading, and the future of the Mars is discussed.
- Annual Conference Proceedings, Calgary, 1975.
Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)Ottawa, Ontario Canada
- Waddington, W P
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: p. 73-85
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Fire fighting; Fire fighting equipment; Seaplanes; Tankers; Utility aircraft; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Flying boats; Martin mars aircraft
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152870
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada (TAC)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM