FREIGHT CAR MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS: A NEW WAY OUT OF THE CAR UTILIZATION DILEMMA
Fourth generation computers allow for a great deal of exploitation by the railroad industry. Capabilities exist for the computer to take on a role of virtually operating the railroad and executing a new philosophy of operation which addresses and emphasizes service reliability and car utilization. Management relationships and roles must change also.
- Presented at the 14th IEEE Conference on Decision Control, Including the Symposium on Adaptive Processes, held in Houston, Texas, 10-12 December 1975.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Shamberger, R C
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: p. 559-560
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Commodities; Freight traffic; Information processing; Management information systems; Railroad cars; Railroads; Reliability; Utilization
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00152804
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1977 12:00AM