F. I. P. CONSIDERATIONS FOR DESIGN OF PRESTRESSED CONCRETE SHIPS: FIRST REPORT
Prestressed concrete, pre- and post-tensioning, reinforced concrete, and ferrocement are defined. Characteristics of prestressed concrete being of special value in the construction of ships and certain factors, whether peculiar to ships in general or to special cargoes are discussed as the marine environment may affect the behavior of the material.
- Proceedings of the Conference on Concrete Ships and Floating Structures, Sept. 15-19, 1975, University of California, Berkeley.
University of California, BerkeleyBerkeley, CA USA 94720
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 274-285
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete construction; Design; Ferrocement; Prestressed concrete; Prestressing; Reinforced concrete; Shipbuilding; Shipbuilding materials; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete ships
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00152774
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1977 12:00AM