BOW-THRUSTER JET FLOW
Interaction between the ambient flow of a hull and bow- thruster inflow and outflow is examined theoretically and experimentally. Pressure distributions for duct inflow were derived by potential-flow techniques, and wind-tunnel pressure tests and flow-visualization experiments were conducted to determine the characteristics of duct outflow. Generalized and specific results are presented and discussed for two sizes of circular ducts operating over a range of ratios of freestream velocity to jet velocity.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterWashington, DC United States
- Beveridge, John L
- Publication Date: 1970-3
- Pagination: 55 p.
- TRT Terms: Flow; Thrusters; Waterjets
- Old TRIS Terms: Waterjet flow
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00007524
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 22 1972 12:00AM