WAYBILLS--SUCCESSOR TO BILLS OF LADING
This article reports Elder Dempsters Lines, a UK shipping company, experiments with waybills instead of bills of lading. These experiments are in the UK/West African trade. The waybill can reduce the paper work required for exporting companies. A properly printed waybill does not change the legal obligations of any part and it places a shipping document in the hands of the consignee sooner than a bill of lading because it can be processed when the shipment is delivered to the dock.
Lloyd's CorporationLime Street
London EC3M 7HA, England
- Publication Date: 1971-12-29
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Lloyd's Loading List
- Publisher: Lloyd's Corporation
- TRT Terms: Bills of lading; Cargo handling; Freight documents
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo receiving
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00034515
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Journal of the Israel Shipping Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM