NEW "BRAIN" SPEEDS SHIP OPERATING AND CHARTERING
This article presents Marine Management Systems, Inc. computer program and service aimed at answering ship operating and chartering questions. The potential subscriber can talk directly over the telephone to the computer. The computer is programmed to produce a time charter financial analysis in minutes. It is also programmed to put a specific ship on a specific voyage and determine the amount of cargo that can be carried, the time and cost of the voyage. In doing this, the computer will also investigate draft restriction, fuel consumption, freeboard requirements. Costs of a voyage can also be computed and the system can be extended to scheduling ships.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/07325460
Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corporation30 Church Street
New York, NY United States 10007
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Pagination: 36 p.
- Marine Engineering/Log
- Publisher: New York: Simmons-Boardman Publishing Corp.
- ISSN: 0732-5460
- TRT Terms: Chartering; Management; Operations research; Planning; Routing; Ships; Trade routes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship routing
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning; Ocean route analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034509
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Journal of the Israel Shipping Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1972 12:00AM