AUTOMATIC PLOTTING RADAR
The Marconi Predictor is a radar computing and display system. Designed to provide fully automatic plotting of all targets visible on the radar screen. Using electronic storage the watchkeeping officer is freed from manual plot- ting on or off screen. The predictor will show the effects of course change and/or speed change. Target tracks can be presented as true tracks, actual relative tracks, or predicted relative tracks within 10 seconds. All tracks are updated every 10 seconds. Whatever presentation method the watchofficer uses his ship remains at the center of the screen. If sufficient traffic is available training requires only one watch.
Engineering, Chemical and Marine Press, LimitedIPC Business Press Ltd, 33-39 Bowling Green Lane
London EC1P 1AH, England
- Publication Date: 1971-10-29
- Pagination: 27 p.
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Publisher: Transport and Technical Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Collision avoidance systems; Information display systems; Navigation radar; Radar; Radar displays; Ships; Tracking systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Anticollision systems; Radar plotting; Ship tracking
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034502
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Journal of the Israel Shipping Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM