APPLICATION OF A SHUNT MOTOR AND A 2 CYLINDER GASOLINE AS A HYBRID DRIVE FOR AN AUTOMOBILE
The application of a shunt motor and a 2 cylinder gasoline engine as a hybrid drive for an automobile is described. A drawing of the drive train and the control system is presented. The operation of the vehicle is described from a theoretical and an empirical view point. Test results are presented from a mileage, pollution and public opinion point of view. Failures and hazards are described. Extensions to future vehicles are made.
- Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, 11th, Proceedings.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Ulbrich, E A
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: p. 396-403
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Control systems; Failure; Gasoline engines; Hazards; Hybrid vehicles; Motors; Public opinion; Vehicle miles of travel
- Old TRIS Terms: Shunt wound motors
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00152305
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 769068
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 17 1977 12:00AM