ENERGY SAVING POTENTIAL OF ENGINE-ELECTRIC VEHICULAR DRIVES
The overall energy savings possible through the use of hybrid powertrains in a variety of vehicle types is calculated and analyzed. Comparisons are made with all-electric and conventional powertrains and the parallel, on/off hybrid is found to be superior in fuel economy during metro/highway driving to both of these powertrains.
- Intersociety Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, 11th Proceedings.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Unnewehr, L E
- Bailey, R L
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: p. 430-43
- TRT Terms: Electric power; Electric vehicles; Fuel consumption; Gasoline engines; Hybrid vehicles; Internal combustion engines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00152292
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 769063
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1977 12:00AM