THE ANNUAL COST OF PAVEMENTS
The economic analysis of alternative pavement types is essential in the pavement selection process. The analysis should include an annual charge for the capital investment in the pavement and an annual charge for interest on the undepreciated cost as well as the rehabilitation and maintenance costs in the years after construction. Procedures for computing annual average costs which include depreciation and interest in the sense of return of capital, consider all costs of getting the pavement built, the annual cost of maintaining it, and interest on the undepreciated costs. Procedures are described here which are particularly useful in comparing different types of pavement because they can be used to show the cost of an economic analysis is given which compares the annual costs computed for 3 alternative pavement types: asphalt with untreated base; full-depth hot-mix asphalt; and portland cement concrete.
National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)5100 Forbes Boulevard
Lanham, Maryland United States 20706
- Foster, C R
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Construction; Costs; Economic analysis; Full-depth asphalt pavements; Maintenance management; Paving; Portland cement concrete
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Maintenance costs
- Subject Areas: Construction; Economics; Finance; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00152045
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Spec. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM