THE SPILL TRAINING AND EDUCATION PROGRAM AT TEXAS A&I - CORPUS CHRISTI
The object of the week-long Spill Training and Education Program at Texas A&I at Corpus Christi is to enable the student to accomplish the following for the home community. 1) Recognize the exposure to oil spill of the home community. 2) Determine the equipment and techniques necessary to clean up an oil spill. 3) Prepare a contingency plan to meet the needs of the community. 4) Recommend the vehicle needed to carry out the contingency plan.
- Proceedings of the 1977 Oil Spill Conference, March 8-10, 1977, New Orleans, Louisiana. Sponsored by American Petroleum Institute, Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Coast Guard.
American Petroleum Institute1220 L Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20005-4070
- Gilchrist, R E
- Publication Date: 1977-3
- Pagination: p. 135-136
- TRT Terms: Education; Emergency training; Oil spill cleanup; Pollution control; Ship crews; Training; Training programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew training (Deck); Crew training (Engine); Education programs; Oil spill control training; Training courses (Pollution control)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00152035
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1977 12:00AM