EASTERN ARCTIC ICE SEASONAL OUTLOOK 1970
Forecast trends for five major eastern Arctic ports resupplied by the Military Sea Transportation Service (MSTS) are listed in table 1. The normal escorted and unescorted entry date for each port is shown with the predicted trend. In addition, a written and graphic description of expected ice conditions is presented for Baffin Bay, Davis Strait, and the Labrador and east Green- land coasts between mid-May and mid-August. Monthly prognostic ice charts for this period include envelopes showing the maximum and minimum pack edges for each month.
Naval Oceanographic OfficeWashington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Ice; Motion; Nautical charts; Pack ice; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice charts; Ice movement
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00007519
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 25 1973 12:00AM