CARGO HANDLING FOR BULK CARRIER FLEETS
The paper examines the evolution of the bulk carrier, laying particular emphasis on the trades in which they are featured, and on the type of cargo handling systems which have evolved to match the growth in trade. Specialised bulk carriers are examined in some detail, with a view to assessing their future potential in the world bulk trades. Geared versus gearless systems are discussed.
- Presented at the Symposium on the Operation of Large Ships in London, March 1976.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Smith, C
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Bulk carriers; Cargo handling
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00159929
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 20 1977 12:00AM