FAA AIRPORT CAPACITY AND DELAY MODELS. MODEL SIMULATION
The tape contains the following programs developed for the FAA: airport capacity model; airport delay simulation model; and airport annual delay model. The airport capacity model computes saturation hourly runway, taxiway, or gate capacity given inputs for runway use configuration, weather, aircraft mix, percent arrivals, aircraft separations, taxiway locations, gate sizes, etc. This information can be used to determine the ultimate flow rate possible on an airport, and to develop inputs required to compute hourly and annual airport delay. This program can be used with cards (i.e., batch inputs) or in a simplified question and answer on-line mode. The program contains subroutines to compute hourly capacity for over 100 runway use configurations. The airport Delay Simulation Model computes detail information about aircraft delays, travel times, flow rates, and queues on the airport airfield and terminal airspace. Model inputs include a schedule of aircraft operations, taxiway routings, aircraft separations, locations of airline gates and general aviation basing areas, aircraft performance measures, etc. A separate preprocessor is available to simplify the preparation of routing data inputs. The airport Annual Delay Model computes annual delay for the airport airfield given inputs for hourly runway capacity, usage percents for different runway use configurations, annual demand, demand distribution characteristics, weather data, etc. This information can be used to forecast future airport congestion and select reasonable annual capacities. This program can only be used in a question and answer mode.
- Availability: Source tape is in EBCDIC character set. Tape(s) can be prepared in most standard 7 or 9 track recording modes for one-half inch tape. Identify recording mode desired by specifying character set, track, density and parity. Call NTIS Computer Products if you have questions. Price includes documentation, AD-A033 685 and AD-A036 354.
- Ball, C T
- Publication Date: 1977-4-13
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air transportation; Airport capacity; Airport runways; Airports; Civil aircraft; Civil aviation; Computer programming; Computer programs; Forecasting; Gates; Highway capacity; Landing; Magnetic tapes; Mathematical models; Needs assessment; Planning; Programming manuals; Queuing theory; Schedules; Simulation; Takeoff; Taxiways; Traffic delays; Traffic flow; Travel time
- Uncontrolled Terms: Runway capacity; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landing; Arrival; Capacity quantity; Delay and capacity simulation model; Queueing models; Queueing theory
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00159058
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-77-45, FAA/DF-77/001
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1978 12:00AM