ESTABLISHMENT OF ROADSIDE VEGETATION IN RHODE ISLAND
A series of experiments were conducted to develop techniques for improving establishment of primary vegetative cover along Rhode Island highways. This report provides recommendations for seed mixtures, mulches, seedbed fertilizers, and seeding dates for uniform and rapid establishment of vegetation.
- Sponsored by Rhode Island Department of Transportation and conducted in cooperation with DOT, Federal Highway Administration.
University of Rhode Island, KingstonDepartment of Plant Sciences
Kingston, RI United States 02881
- Wakefield, R C
- Bell, R S
- Jagschitz, J A
- Clapham, A J
- Dore, A T
- Nielsen, A P
- Laskey, B C
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- TRT Terms: Fertilizers; Mulches; Roadside; Seeds; Vegetation
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00158121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1977 12:00AM